Have you just started your career, or already have a few years under your belt?
Want more hands-on experience in media relations, social media management, and influencer campaigns?
If you answered yes to these questions, you are in the right place!
We are Closer Communications, a boutique PR and Marketing Agency based in Alexandria. We pride ourselves on being a true extension of our clients’ marketing teams, passionately delivering successful campaigns that exceed expectations. We are proud of our culture of success, which is based on empowering everyone in business to make a real difference and grow their careers at a rapid pace.
We are a young team passionate about our work across some of the leading technology and lifestyle brands.
About the role
We are looking for a Social Media and PR Executive Coordinator or Coordinator to assist with both PR and Digital Marketing functions within our client portfolio.
You will be primarily responsible for delivering content and community management initiatives across an exciting client pool. You will be involved in implementing social campaigns and managing communities and will assist with campaign planning, creative thinking and reporting.
With assistance from the management team, social media assignments will include:
- Work with the management team to develop a strategy for your clients
- Development of content calendars (from copywriting to image sources)
- Use your graphic design skills to create content for clients when needed
- Manage Facebook and Instagram ads
- community management
- Monthly customer reports
Key roles in public relations assignments will include:
- Crafting and presenting media-related stories on a national scale
- Organize and assist client events, large and small
- Think creative to help develop unique strategies for media/marketing campaigns and launches
- Help manage influencer programs
You could be new to the industry, or have 1-2 years experience in the field
Ideally, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or any other accredited qualification (Marketing, Communications, Media, Journalism or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Ability to create and write engaging content for owned channels (web, social media, eDMs)
- Sound understanding of marketing and PR functions to assist with PR, marketing and advertising campaigns as needed
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Graphic Design Skills – Canva, Photoshop or InDesign (good to have, but not required)
- And most importantly, a real passion for everything that is social, influential and media!