As Head of Music UK and Ireland, you will be responsible for Spotify’s local network of editorial playlists and promotions, while ensuring that every artist, director and company sees Spotify as the number one partner for artist development and monetization.
You will create and publish impactful strategies that create the best music experience for our users and create the best partnerships between artists and industry.
This position is based in London reporting to the Director General, UK and Ireland. You will lead the music team in developing the local music strategy along with executing the global content strategy and supporting key aspects of companywide goals.
what are you going to do
- Develop new content strategies that create long-term and measurable value for Spotify
- Building strategic and mutually profitable relationships with key industry partners
- Oversee exceptional marketing campaigns for artists
- Work functionally with other internal teams to achieve the company’s strategic goals
- Manage, develop and inspire the team, and build a strong team culture that combines creativity and data-driven decision making
- Advocate for your market needs at the higher levels internally
- Explain and support Spotify’s business model with partners across the artist and corporate community
What will you bring?
- Substantial experience managing a diverse team successfully and have a proven track record in successful change management/agility
- Experienced in excelling in rapidly growing and dynamic technology-driven environments
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills with deep change management experience
- Strong growth mindset with a proven track record
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze, interpret and use data to set performance goals and develop a long-term strategy
- You are well organized, have the ability to plan, meet tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- An eye for culture, an ear for trends
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. Welcome to Spotify to learn who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform for everyone, as well as our workplace. The more voices we represent and amplify in our business, the more we thrive, contribute and think ahead! So give us your personal experience, views and background. In our differences we will find the strength to continue to revolutionize the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed listening to music forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unleash the potential of human creativity by giving one million creative artists the opportunity to live from their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and passion these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love of music and podcasts. Today, we are the world’s most popular podcast subscription service with a community of over 381 million users.