Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organization change to a six college structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
3 Years Fixed-Term | Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 6
$81,377 – $86,765 pa
Director, International Recruitment
Working under general in broad direction, the Content Producer (International) will use Adobe Experience Manager (CMS), copywriting, social media and email marketing skills in the creation of content and assets for digital development and marketing that support the achievement of Portfolio strategic objectives .
The incumbent will produce and publish content that will deliver measurable outcomes which are in line with University and Portfolio priorities including student recruitment, research, stakeholder engagement, branding and culture as envisioned in The 2025 Agenda.
The incumbent will have an in-depth understanding of the Portfolio’s offerings and key points of differentiation from which to develop compelling and dynamic content. This includes producing and coordinating dynamic and engaging content for key projects including website enhancement and maintenance for external and internals, email direct marketing (EDM) automation, advertising, publications, social media, videos and events.
As part of the Flinders International team the incumbent will work within the International Recruitment team and with the Office of Communication, Marketing and Engagement Team to align plans and activity to ensure the Portfolio and University priorities align.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Content Producer is accountable for:
- Working with the Marketing Communications Partner to implement Flinders International Marketing and Communications Plans, ensuring content is compelling, accurate, meets deadlines and adheres to University and industry standards to create a consistent experience across multiple digital platforms.
- Enhancing and maintaining international websites across external, student and staff platforms ensuring they are up to date, accurate and consistent with university brand guidelines and policies. Content must also adhere to best practice USX, UI, SEO and accessibility standards.
- Liaising with key content contributors and subject matter experts, including external bodies and partners, to source and create short and long form copy and multimedia content suitable for different customers and stakeholders and which can be repurposed across a range of channels. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to create and publish content that demonstrates impact and engagement and directly supports student recruitment activities..
- Updating and maintaining the International Content Library with content and assets that can be re-purposed across international markets, and internal departments including; marketing, alumni, media, OSR, OGR and RDS. This will include basic design and production of digital assets such as social media graphics and EDM banners. The role will also use Outfit, the brand automation platform, to create assets and train other users in the portfolio.
- Working with the broader Digital Marketing Innovation team, bring to life campaigns across website and social media channels, and provide content for use across university wide channels aligned to international Recruitment targets.
- Working with the Digital Content Lead and Marketing and Communications Partner – International to prioritise service requests and negotiate timelines with stakeholders.
- Writing, editing, and publishing communications across a variety of channels, including, webpages, social media, advertising, newsletters and other collateral as required to engage stakeholders and effectively communicate key messages.
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Partner – International to deliver paid media material instructions and ensure recommended digital optimisations are applied.
- Working with the International Recruitment team, support the delivery of university-wide international digital initiatives, and using analytics, identify opportunities for creative content improvements to optimize user experience and performance.
- Using marketing systems to track projects and empower other staff in using Marketo, Wrike, Outfit, Service One and other systems as required.
- Reviewing systems and processes to identify, develop and implement continuous improvements that deliver high quality customer centric services.
- Work collaboratively and establish good working relationships staff across the university community to provide effective marketing and communications support.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Completion of a degree in communications, media studies, marketing or a related discipline with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and / or education and / or training.
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing and proof-reading content for online channels tailored to diverse audiences.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro for basic creative production highly desirable.
- Knowledge of best practice principles and standards for digital content across web, social and email marketing. This includes an understanding of the principals of information architecture, UX and UI, page design, content management and SEO as they relate to web production and publication.
- Well-developed experience working within a CMS and CRM. Experience in Adobe Experience Manager and WordPress will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of industry best practices and the ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures, including content delivery standards, usability and accessibility.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively in a team context and with internal stakeholders.
- Significant problem-solving capabilities and organizational skills with the ability to work independently to determine and prioritise and meet deadlines.
- An understanding of the higher education sector is desirable.
- Experience in the implementation of internal and external communications for a large organization is desirable.
For further inquiries or a confidential conversation regarding this position, please contact Carrie Jenkins.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment:
If you are required to work in any capacity, incidental or not, in a health care setting or other setting identified within a government direction pursuant to the Emergency Management Act 2004 (SA) or Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 (NT) you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your vaccination as a condition of your employment.
Information for Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
28 Feb 2022