Job Status: Full Time, Ongoing
Salary: Base salary of $54,636 per annum, plus 10% superannuation contributions
Position No: SOH1840
Applications Close: Monday 28 February 11:59pm
Role Enquiries: email@example.com
Technical Enquiries: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
An organization where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
At the Sydney Opera House you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams who are filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and will be provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community. Our vision for diversity, inclusion and belonging (DI&B) is that the Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community. Our 2021-23 DI&B Strategy sets out the change we are driving in the lead up to our 50th anniversary in 2023. These commitments work hand in hand with the commitments in our longstanding Reconciliation, Accessibility and Environmental Action Plans.
As a place for the whole community, Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and that you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SOH recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9250 7743 and let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; Alternate application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, interpreters or other access supports or specific interview availability times and more.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The Marketing Coordinator, External Presenters sits within the Campaign Marketing team and primarily supports Sydney Opera House external presenters (Commercial Hirers and Resident Companies) in the marketing of tickets to their events via Sydney Opera House owned and paid channels. The Campaign Marketing team focus on the delivery of ticket, revenue and audience targets for Sydney Opera House Presents (SOHP), Resident Companies and Commercial Hirs, and building brand equity for Sydney Opera House.
The position manages key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a particular focus on Commercial Hirs presenting events at Sydney Opera House. This position will ensure effective and efficient support for Hirs through the provision of marketing campaign coordination and delivery across paid and owned channels, project management and planning, and content creation as required.
The position reports directly to the Marketing Specialist, External Presenters, collaborating closely with the internal teams of Venue Hire, Ticketing and Event Account Management. The Marketing Coordinator is part of the wider Marcomms team including Campaigns, Performance Marketing, Creative Studio, Insights and Optimisation, Partnerships and the Communications team.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone who has:
- Marketing, Arts Management, Communication, or Commerce Tertiary qualifications
- A minimum 2+ years professional experience or major internship experience, preferably in the entertainment / performing arts industries
- A broad passion for performing arts
- Strong relationship management, communication (written and oral), copywriting, and negotiation skills
- Collaborative team player
- Strong organisational, attention to detail and project management skills
- High degree of customer focus
- An ability to work autonomously, and as a member of a team to deliver competing priorities
- A positive outlook and willingness to learn
- Excellent skills across digital tools and platforms including Microsoft Office software, social media platforms, website CMS platforms, email platforms and ideally project or online task management platforms
BENEFITS & CULTURE
Being Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff. With values of Safety, Creativity, Excellence, Collaboration & Accountability Your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession. Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a great range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives
- Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives
- Working for an organization with a 5 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Working for an organization who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- And many more!
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to include the following documents with their applications
- Up to date resume of no more than five pages
- Address their suitability in a cover letter of no more than one page
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the following two targeted questions in the online application platform.
- In this role you will support external presenters at Sydney Opera House by coordinating their marketing activity and implementing their campaigns across owned and paid channels. Please provide an example of how your skills and experience would be relevant for this role.
- Please describe your experience in managing a variety of stakeholder relationships and provide an example of how you have managed conflicting priorities to achieve a positive business outcome.
Applicants are required to create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise discussed.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the NSW Public Health Orders and the applicable Sydney Opera House Trust COVID-19 policies relating to safety and vaccination.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment . The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.