Search engine optimization can be confusing and complicated without the help of SEO software. With such software, you can save time and frustration when performing tasks like analyzing data, keyword research, and more. Since there are so many SEO tools on the market, here’s a list of some of the top offerings so you can find the right software to fit your needs.
Google Search Console
What does it take to get access to Google Search Console’s SEO capabilities? Nothing more than having a website.
With this SEO tool, you can see how users and Google view your website so you can optimize it accordingly and move up the rankings. And if you have a brand new site, Search Console can make it easy to submit your pages for search indexing.
Benefits of Google Search Console
Google Search Console provides the following benefits to Internet Marketers and web developers:
- Use SERP-view to see how your website looks in the Search Engine Results Pages on Google and improve your website’s search appearance and visibility
- View Rich Snippets, Rich Cards, Title tags, Meta Descriptions and more, at a glance so you can improve your metadata.
- View issues in your HTML and On-Page SEO tactics; get suggestions on ways to improve on-page performance.
- Organic search traffic tool to see popular search queries, your website’s performance, and top-ranking pages in the SERPs for relevant keywords.
Cost of Google Search Console: Free.
If seeing how you stack up to your competitors is a top concern, give SEMRush a look. The SEO tool offers a Domain vs. Domain analysis that lets you see where you stand. And if you find that you lack in certain areas, the On-Page SEO Checker can tell you what must be done to improve your rankings.
Chances are, some of your site’s pages or content pieces are performing better than others. The organic traffic insights tool will let you pinpoint those successful parts in a single dashboard so you can optimize and keep doing more of what’s working.
Benefits of SEMRush
The SEMRush SEO tool provides the following benefits to Internet Marketers and web developers:
- Monitor and manage organic search traffic and organic search rankings. Discover top keywords for your website and how your site stands against the competition
- Competitor insights that tell you not only how you compare to competing websites, but also who your competitors are.
- Better insight into Pay-Per-Click (PPC) and Google Search Ads.
Evaluate the effectiveness of your social media campaign and overall social media strategies.
Cost of SEMRush SEO Tool:
When it comes to SEO software, it’s tough to beat Ahrefs. As a website crawler, it’s topped only by Google. Ahrefs’ Site Audit feature lets you see what parts of your site lack in terms of SEO. If you’re looking to start a new brand or service, you can analyze your competitors’ backlinks and use them as a guide, so you don’t have to start from scratch.
Other benefits of this SEO tool include the ability to see your top-performing pages to understand what it brings in the most visitors, discovering what content is linked to the most within your niche, and pinpointing any broken links on your site.
Benefits of Ahrefs
The Ahrefs SEO tool provides the following benefits to Internet Marketers and web developers:
- The most important benefit and feature of Ahrefs lies in its robust backlink checking tool, which gives you a great breadth of data and insight into who is linking to your website.
- Look at competitor search traffic and analyze your website against competing companies.
- Rank tracking, keyword research, and domain comparison tools
Cost of Ahrefs SEO Tool:
- Trial Version: Free
- Lite: $99 per month
- Standard: $179 per month
- Advanced: $399 per month
- Agency: $999 per month
Site audits are a breeze with Screaming Frog, as it can analyze your website’s SEO quite quickly. If any improvements are needed regarding errors, duplicate content, link building, bad redirections, and more, Screaming Frog will let you know so you can fix them.
Benefits of Screaming Frog
The Screaming Frog SEO tool provides the following benefits to Internet Marketers and web developers:
- Identify broken links to fix issues with Google crawls and user experience.
- Meta analysis and SERP insight.
- Duplicate content finding tools and checkers that not only check content, but metadata such as meta descriptions and headers too. Very handy.
- Audit website URL redirects and get an overview of redirects on your website.
Cost of Screaming Frog SEO Tool: Screaming Frog offers a free, limited version and a Regular version for $149 per year.
You can avoid major issues by using DeepCrawl to identify any SEO errors in your website’s code before it goes live. The tool is highly popular and is used by 54 percent of enterprise brands.
Benefits of DeepCrawl
The DeepCrawl SEO tool provides the following benefits to Internet Marketers and web developers:
- Choose the speed of your crawl so you can avoid overwhelming your servers.
- Choose the time of your crawl so that you can avoid peak traffic times and server stress.
- Set the frequency of your crawl to daily, weekly, or monthly.
Cost of DeepCrawl SEO Tool: $89 per month.
A great way to gain loyal customers is to answer whatever questions they have. Frase.io helps you do so by having you create content that specifically answers target audience questions. With this tool under your belt, you’ll never have to wonder what your audience is thinking, as Frase will figure that out for you.
How much does Frase.io cost?
- Basic: $40 per month
- Growth: $100 per month
- Answer Engine: $200 per month
Would you like the ability to quickly uncover opportunities, so your content always beats your competitors to the punch? MarketMuse can give you that power through its software that analyzes articles by the millions.
Benefits of MarketMuse
The MarketMuse SEO tool provides the following benefits to Internet Marketers and web developers:
- Reduce content and keyword research for blogs and articles by over 50%.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) engine that analyzes and prioritizes content based on authority and Return on Invest (ROI) metrics.
- Real-time feedback on content as you write in an AI-powered text editor.
Cost of MarketMuse SEO Tool:
You can create compelling content with StoryBase since it tells you the top questions your target audience is asking. With that information in your hands, the days of guessing what content to put on your site are over.
Benefits of StoryBase
The StoryBase SEO tool provides the following benefits to Internet Marketers and web developers:
- Find the most common questions people ask on Google for your topics.
- Easily find related phrases for your relevant keywords and keyphrases.
- Google Search Console Integration.
Cost of StoryBase SEO Tool:
- Professional: $49 per month
- Agency: $300 per month
Spotibo specializes as an on-page SEO tool that can identify any issues that need to be fixed. Use it to fix duplicate content, meta tags, wrong redirects, canonicals, and more.
Google is constantly making algorithm changes, but that doesn’t seem to faze Moz Pro. Its users have praised the SEO tool for always being up to date and easy to use.
You can ensure every one of your site’s pages is up to snuff in terms of SEO with the page optimization feature. It’s an excellent way for beginners to see what it takes to build an optimized site, as the feature tells you exactly what’s needed to get each page higher in the rankings.
For example, if a page’s title needs a keyword, Moz Pro will tell you to include one. Or, if an image is missing a keyword alt tag, it will remind you as well. As a bonus, there’s a chat portal that lets you get quick answers to any SEO questions you may have.
Surfer is SEO software that focuses on creating content to help you skyrocket through the rankings. It does these via algorithms that help you uncover new content opportunities and create winning content strategies. With data-driven guidelines, Surfer makes it incredibly simple to come up with compelling pages that draw visitors.
Here’s a user-friendly, all-in-one SEO solution that can provide all of your ranking needs. Whether you need to analyze competitors, research keywords, audit websites, monitor backlinks, professional reporting, and more, you’ll get it with SE Ranking.
You could optimize your site’s pages manually to ensure you get the rankings you desire, or you could use RankSense to do the same in a small fraction of the time.
When you make an SEO-related change to a page, RankSense will track its performance. You can also use it to automatically generate optimized descriptions, titles, and more.