Next Stage was founded in 2014 to work “at the nexus of social good.” The firm is a social enterprise that partners with nonprofit and corporate change-makers to design and implement strategies that build strong organizations and fuel community change.
To learn more about our work, please visit nextstage-consulting.com.
Next Stage has accomplished much in the 8 years since it was founded. We have worked with more than 200 Charlotte-area nonprofits and have recently expanded our client base into the corporate sector and beyond Charlotte. In 2021, the firm published Profit & Purpose, an in-depth examination of the intersection of nonprofits and the private sector. The firm’s launch of its Impact for Business service line has sparked significant growth for the firm through private sector clients.
This year, Next Stage is launching a social learning platform called Cultivate, a reimagining of the firm’s popular incubator for emerging nonprofits. The platform will live on Mighty Networks and will include a variety of sponsored learning cohorts leading to the launch of a broader e-commerce model in 2023. Next Stage is seeking to augment its analog consulting model with a digital platform with the potential to scale nationally .
The Digital Content & Community Manager will serve primarily as a content strategist and creator while also managing multiple communities and digital channels for Next Stage’s online Cultivate platform. This role is ideal for a digital marketing expert who is passionate about social good and skilled at building engaged online communities. The successful applicant will be creative, organized and detail-oriented – someone who is adept at driving content, taking on the voice of others and who lives to tell a good story – and who can help write it.
This role will be the first position of what we envision becoming a full-scale digital team to manage multiple communities and strategic content development. Next Stage is looking for a self-starter and master collaborator who can help our team architect a new service line. The ideal candidate understands the principles of e-commerce and can apply them to a long-term social learning cohort community strategy.
Partnering primarily with the firm’s Director, Senior Strategist and Chief Marketing Officer, the Digital Content & Community Manager will be counted on for highly flexible and adaptable project management, translating cohort-specific insights and interests into consumable, engaging content and online community building.
Key activities include:
Community strategic design, development and management
▪ Manage the online Cultivate platform, including content development, community moderation and the development of Cultivate communities
▪ Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify successful community participants and understand their needs
▪ Drive Cultivate platform goals – defining community plans, managing implementation and developing processes, documentation and communication for new cohorts
▪ Support the development of new Cultivate communities, including client development, strategic planning, content development and community design and management
▪ Define community experiences (eg – curriculum, engagement plans) that onboard new participants and grow participation
▪ Moderate comments and user-generated content
▪ Defining metrics and key performance indicators, tracking and monitoring progress, and being able to report on status against program objectives for sustainability
▪ Create strong content across a range of mediums (social media, ebooks, reports, etc.). Graphic design, audio or video experience is a huge bonus
▪ Must be a skilled storyteller, adept at adopting to different voices and channels
▪ Must be able to design and manage overall content strategy, and with the right experience eventually manage a team of content writers and contractors to meet strategic goals
▪ Maintain a deep understanding of digital marketing and skilled in a number of digital marketing areas, including webinars, social media and email
▪ Understanding of web metrics and digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
▪ Grow the Next Stage audience through online lead generation, leveraging Next Stage’s existing webinar and workshop channels and expanding into new channels and audiences as needed
▪ Develop email and digital marketing efforts designed to move prospects through the marketing funnel
▪ Manage Cultivate’s online presence, including social media platforms
▪ Participate in weekly team meetings and share progress on internal and external projects
▪ Engage with staff and contractors to advance client work and firmwide initiatives
▪ Track activity through a shared Google calendar and monitor the activity of team members to ensure synergy
Required qualifications and competencies:
The ideal candidate would have the following capabilities and qualities:
▪ 5-8 years of marketing experience or related field; digital marketing experience preferred
▪ Demonstrated expertise in the areas of marketing and content generation. Video or graphic design skills are a plus
▪ Demonstrated experience in online community building with proven results. The management of national communities or campaigns is a bonus
▪ An adaptable project manager who thrives in a collaborative environment
▪ An agile writer with exceptional communication skills across a broad range of content mediums
▪ Must be a skilled storyteller, adept at adopting the voice of others
▪ A commitment to the mission of strengthening the social good sector
▪ Knowledge of e-commerce fundamentals
▪ Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and prioritize multiple projects. Must be motivated to work independently
▪ Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with WordPress and Adobe Design products is a plus
▪ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
Office/Remote Hybrid Opportunity within Charlotte Metro
Base salary range is $65,000-$70,000. In addition to a competitive base salary and retirement benefits, Next Stage offers performance-based bonuses based on company profitability.
Beginning April 25, send all inquiries, nominations and applications via email to Next Stage (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications must include a custom/compelling cover letter and CV to be considered for the role. Please also indicate where you learned of the opportunity.
Please note that only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Next Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Next Stage encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.