Responsible for developing, executing and assessing strategic retention and completion marketing communication plans, processes and campaigns for all current and recent Central Piedmont students. Works with key stakeholders in various cross-functional and cross-organizational departments to produce high-quality, highly-engaging current student communications from concept to completion. Under the general direction of the Executive Dir. of Communications, the Marketing Communications Account Executive will help develop, implement, and monitor all aspects of marketing, communication and student engagement in accordance with the college’s marketing, communication and branding plan — as well as its retention and engagement plan — supporting the organization’s overall strategy and objectives.
**Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities**
1. Oversees and provides leadership and strategic marketing communication direction for the development of comprehensive communications, marketing, outreach and promotion plans to support and help achieve retention and engagement goals.
2. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of retention and consumer marketing and communications best to leverage psychology and targeted marketing practices to create long-term strategies (including persuasive communications) to ultimately increase the retention/enrollment students and engagement of current or recent throughout the academic cycle.
3. Works in collaboration with our department — Communications, Marketing, & Public Relations (CMPR) — and other college departments to develop creative marketing concepts that address retention challenges and reinforce the Central Piedmont college brand.
4. Writes, develops, and executes targeted electronic, print, and text communications via a customer relationship management (CRM) tool — in collaboration with graphic designers — to target a variety of different audiences within the current student population with information such as important college Deadlines, services, initiatives, programs, learning and leadership opportunities.
5. Understands market research, data interpretation and use of analytics to track outcomes and assess effectiveness of messages, modalities, timing and adjusts marketing communication plans accordingly. Analyzes, evaluates, makes recommendations and implements marketing communication processes such as texting, phone and email campaigns, and social media campaigns.
6. Co-leads development of and continual improvement on student intranet/portal. Continually researches and learns about communication and marketing innovations and technologies to help better effectively communicate to current students.
7. Collaborates with members of the digital marketing communication team to develop additional channels that will expand the student communications footprint beyond static email and messaging portal to meet students where they are today, and help plan for future technology opportunities.
8. Oversees marketing budgets for designated audience segment(s) to ensure projects stay on time and within a set budget.
9. Serves as a key member of the Crisis Communications Team.
10. Serves on college committees as needed.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
**Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics**
Must be capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment, be well-organized, strategic, professional, self-motivated, mature and team-oriented. Strong planning, time-management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities
Strict attention to details; demonstrated leadership ability; experience working with diverse groups in an educational or other non-profit organization; self-motivated, goal-oriented, strategic thinker, and able to work both independently and as part of a retention and engagement team
Experience with project management and budget management in a deadline-driven environment, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and finish projects on time and on budget
Possess a basic knowledge of retention and engagement management, in addition to student services and programs relevant to a higher education setting
Possess the ability to apply technological innovations to retention and engagement efforts. Experience as end-user in CRM (such as Salesforce), customer/students databases, mass email communication systems (such as Constant Contact), and/or intranet/portal tools preferred
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to work effectively with a variety of professional, support and student staff members in a highly effective and collaborative manner
Experience directing integrated marketing and communications campaigns
Expertise in journalistic and storytelling writing style. Working knowledge of AP editorial style guides and plain language principles
Basic knowledge of design, photography, production and printing processes, including experience with vendor management
Knowledge of content management software (such as Drupal) is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing or communications, program promotion, content marketing, or related fields, preferably at an institution of higher education and/or in membership marketing
A completed Central Piedmont application must be completed on-line. During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the “additional documents” section of the application process.
Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 pm on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
**CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT**
Salary for this position is $47,817 – $74,118, however, initial placement for new employees is customarily up to the 25% percentile which is $54,393 for this pay grade, which is L. Contract type is Professional. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. Central Piedmont offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.