URGENT CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is looking for a MARKET ANALYST undera consultancy or short-term work engagement status for USAID’s TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening project in the Philippines.
The Philippine Private Sector Diagnostics Consortium (The Consortium) is a group of private laboratories and hospitals along with stakeholders working towards eliminating tuberculosis (TB) in the Philippines. The Consortium aims to ensure quality TB diagnostics are made available at a concessional pricing to accredited laboratories and hospitals that will in turn ensure these tests are made available to the general public at affordable prices. The Consortium is established under the “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project. The TBIHSS is a 5-year USAID funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. The Activity will identify and help implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
The Market Analyst works to design and develop a business model to help increase TB testing among members of the Consortium. The Market Analyst will also do market analysis to determine ideal pricing of other diagnostic tests to be included in the Consortium’s portfolio: 1) TrueNAT 2) GeneXpert for MTB COVID-19 3) Viral load testing for HIV and 4) QuantiFERON. The business model will cater and meet the different profiles and business goals of prospective members depending on the funding sources for their procurement. The Marketing Analyst will work with a national and international team of experts to develop strategies to increase uptake for TB testing among Consortium members with the following responsibilities.
- Create a business model to meet the different profiles and business goals of Consortium members. Pricing of testing will depend on:
- Consortium members in which both machines and cartridges are procured by facilities
- Consortium members who procured the machine but cartridges used are donated
- Consortium members whose machines are donated but cartridges are procured
- Consortium members being supported by other projects/NGO whose machines and cartridges are both donated
- Create a market analysis and ROI calculator for diagnostic tests to be included in the Consortium’s portfolio. The diagnostic tests will include: 1) TrueNAT 2) GeneXpert for COVID-19 3) Viral load testing for HIV and 4) QuantiFERON
- Market analysis will cover analysis of pricing provided by suppliers to the Consortium
- Market analysis will also include pricing cap on the diagnostics to be included in the portfolio (suggest pricing for each test along that the private labs should charge)
- A ROI calculator will also be developed for each diagnostic tool to be added
- Assist in program strategy and design, its digital adaptation, social media outreach, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Create a market analysis and business model for specimen transport linking patients and/or specimen collection sites and consortium member labs and hospitals
Education/ Required Job Experience/Skills
- BS/BA (Economics, Marketing, Business administration, Public health understanding, Health economist, or related field.)
- 5-8 years of private-public sector experience relating to health economy in the Philippines
- Experience of working with government institutions is desirable
- Excellent English and Filipino oral and written communication skills.
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner.
- Service minded, well organized, strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Experience in providing procurement support, and basic knowledge of donor’s procurement policy.
- Good proficiency in computer software applications in particular Microsoft World, and Excel.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring
Metro Manila, Philippines
Target Engagement Period
ASAP to August 2022 (30 days LOE)
How to apply
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume in single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org or before June 15, 2022. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line following this heading format below. Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI360-Position Applied For -Last Name of Applicant
(Example: FHI360-TBIHSS – Market Analyst Consultant – Cruz).
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status , disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.